Bradley's View

Bradley's View

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Hanging Out With The Ladies: Second Encounter With The Seven Sisters

    My body has had plenty of time to rest recently.  Two days ago, in honor of the Pitchell Challenge that took place this past weekend, I started on Mt Pisgah and ran 12 miles down to Chestnut Cove clocking in at 1 hour and 50 minutes.  I felt fantastic the whole time, yet slightly unfulfilled.
    To satisfy my hankering for a good, hard long run I elected to spend my vacant Tuesday afternoon running the Seven Sisters Summit Challenge (about 16 miles) for the second time.  Last time I ran it was mid-April of last year with a great group of runners.  The group time was somewhere around 3:20.  Given that I was now in much better shape than I was then, I set a goal for myself of finishing in 3 hours.

    I felt like a million bucks through the entirety of this run.  I exceeded my expectations with a time of 2:46.08, and recovered quite well.  This run was a success by all measures and can't wait to do it again!

Splits:
Lookout- 31'43.17
Sourwood(?)-48'14.72
Rockyhead(?)-55'51.26
Graybeard Falls- 1:21.43
Walker's Knob- 1:34.26
Big Slaty- 1:47.11
Graybeard!- 1:51.18
Big Piney- 2:23.48
Car- 2:46.08

No comments:

Post a Comment