Bradley's View

Bradley's View

Monday, February 13, 2012

The Week In Review: 2/06-2/12/2012 Running With Family And A New PR

     New trails,  swimming, snow, seldom-seen faces, and shorter runs made this a really fun and relaxed week of training.  It was great to go on three 5-mile outings with Melissa as she gets her body ready for a half-marathon on April 1st.  A real pleasure to get to run with my brother, David, on some trails around his current stomping grounds near Damascus, VA.  It was sheer delight to have my dad swing by Asheville and join me and Luna on some of our favorite trails featuring summits, waterfalls, reservoirs, and picturesque paths.  I consider myself incredibly blessed to be able to share the forests and fitness with my family I love so dearly.
    
      I am also really psyched about a new personal record on the Seven Sister's Summits Run!  This route is by far one of my favorites and one of the more challenging around.  It also holds a special place in my heart as it was the second time I ever ran on trails, about two years ago now.  A year ago, towards the end of my preparation for the Bel Monte 50, I posted a pretty stellar time on the route.   Seeing that I'm now at a fitness level that allowed me to lower that time by almost 4.5 minutes leaves me feeling very confident going into Runs For Relief: Rhode Island in 2 weeks!
    
Here is how it all panned out:

2/6- Monday
      AM- 13 miles in 2 hours, 2000ft with Adam, Ryan, and Luna.  Started at the Folk Art and headed north on the MST, then headed back to the FAC and over to Adam's house.

2/7- Tuesday
     AM- 5.5 miles in 1 hour with Mel and Luna, 800ft. Lower Sidehill/Explorer Loop, ended with a swim in Lake Powhatan

2/8-Wednesday
     AM- Seven Sister's Summit Run with Luna.  16 miles, 2:34:58, 4000 ft

2/9- Thursday
     PM- 5 miles with Melissa and Luna in 47:45 from the house around Carrier Park and back. 250 ft

2/10- Friday
     PM- 4.5 miles with David (brother), Mel, and Luna in :55 near Damascus, VA.  1,200 ft

2/11- Saturday
     No reason I didn't run, just didn't

2/12- Sunday
     AM- 8.5 miles with my dad and Luna in 1:54. Bent Creek Gap over Ferrin Knob and around Mills River area. 1,500 ft

Totals: 52.5 miles, 9 hours 10 minutes, 9,750 ft

1 comment: